Please note that all links were checked at the time of publication. We cannot take responsibility for the content of any of the sites linked on our website.
Dyslexia Quest: tests memory and learning skills
My study bar: a toolbar of support for students with literacy difficulties.
Prizmo App: Take a picture of text with a smartphone and Prizmo reads it aloud
Quizlet: makes simple learning tools such as flashcards and games, all for free
Scoilnet: Official education portal of the Department of Education and Skills in Ireland.
SimpleMind: a mindmapping app.
StudySmart – Apps for Reading, Writing & Organisation. Enable Ireland’s Assistive Technology Service and the Dyslexia Association of Ireland have collaborated to produce a free learning resource outlining free and low cost apps and software to support literacy. This eLearning module should be of interest to parents, students, teachers and other professionals working with people with dyslexia.
- Don’t call me stupid-A video featuring Kara Tointon, an English actress about her dyslexia.
- Dyslexia explained–what it is like to be dyslexic(7 Mins) good for primary school
- Hidden Potential–Short (11 minute) video from the Dyslexia Association of Ireland.
- How difficult can this be? Or FATCITY-Dyslexia. This puts the viewer in the situation of experiencing difficulties similar to those the student with dyslexia faces.
- Left from Write (2014) which shows the experience of people with dyslexia in Ireland.
- See Dyslexia Differently–Short (3 minute) video from the British Dyslexia Association which could be used with class groups to explain dyslexia.